Marquette County Aging Services Advisory Committee
184 US HWY 41 East
Negaunee, MI 49866
The Committee shall provide opportunities for involvement by individuals with geriatric and senior care knowledge and experience. The Committee shall exchange, discuss, review, and gather information on aging issues to assist in developing recommendations to the Board of Commissioners.
The Committee's primary responsibility is to advise the Board of Commissioners on appropriation of the county senior services millage. Final millage allocations will be decided by the Board of Comissioners.
The Committee shall consist of eight members appointed to two-year terms as follows:
- 1 professional from the field of geriatrics
- 1 social service professional
- 1 person knowledgeable about business and financial management
- 1 county commissioner ex officio
- 4 persons with a demonstrated awareness, concern, and interest in improving services to the aging.
The Committee is voluntary; members receive no compensation. The Committee meets as needed as determined by the Committee or as requested by the Board of Commissioners. The committee meetings will be open to the public. The Committee may be disbanded by the Board of Commissioners at any time.
Aging Services Advisory Committee - 2 Year Term
Agendas and Minutes