Policies Regarding Inspections
POLICIES REGARDING INSPECTIONS
** Important Information **
Inspections are required on all Permit Applications
To schedule an inspection call 906-225-8180 and speak with a secretary
1. Compliance with the plans approved by this department is required and any changes in those plans must be approved by this department and the property owner or lessee prior to construction.
2. You must contact the secretarial staff of this department (225-8180) in advance to schedule inspections. Our office hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You Must Have Your Permit Number Available When Scheduling Inspections! When a request for inspection is made, the following procedure is followed:
• A permit must be on file.
• A date is given for the inspection, on a first call, first serve basis.
• If a time frame for the inspection is needed, you must contact the inspector directly between 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. on the day of the inspection.
• If you need to speak to an inspector regarding technical questions, please contact the office between 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 am. and 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. The remainder of the day the inspectors are out in the field and unable to be reached.
3. The permit holder, or his designated representative, is required to schedule all inspections. Required inspections include, but are not limited to:
FOOTING-FORMS INSPECTION: Made after trenches and basement areas are excavated, forms erected, and any required reinforcing steel is in place. This must be done before any concrete is poured. Also, a plumbing inspection is required on plumbing which will be concealed by the pouring of footings and floors.
FOUNDATION INSPECTION: Made after all foundation walls, pilasters, tie-down bolts or straps, and damp-proofing are in place and prior to back-filling or framing.
FRAMING, ROUGH ELECTRICAL, MECHANICAL AND PLUMBING: Made after all framing, fire-stopping, braces, rough wiring, rough plumbing, roofing and flooring are in place and prior to installation of insulation or wallboard.
FINAL: Made after all work is completed and prior to occupancy
4. This department has the right to reject any concealed work. If any work to be inspected at any of the above stages is covered up with insulation, wallboard, etc. prior to inspection, you may be required to remove such covering so that inspection of such work can occur.