To assist and insure that teen parents and their children improve their long-term prognosis for health and economic status by completing high school or completing their GED requirements.
All pregnant and parenting teens, male and female, located within the borders of Marquette County, aged 19 or younger, who are committed to completing their high school education.
Description of Services:
The program coordinator acts as case manager of each teen and their child(ren). The coordinator conducts an interview with each teen to assess needs and develops a service plan. The plan based on needs can include the following services:
- Housing assistance
- Information/referral to appropriate community services
- Provide parenting education
- Monitor school performance
Benefits of Services:
Provide community-based services which promote the well-being of children and families by increasing parent's confidence and competence in parenting abilities which will provide children a stable and supportive family environment. This will enhance child development. This project has five goals:
- To reduce the incidence of child abuse and neglect
- To reduce out-of-home placements
- To strengthen the abilities of extended family and kin to provide support
- To provide an opportunity for teen parents to complete their high school education
Resource List for Pregnant and Parenting Teens
Please click on the link below for an updated list of resources in Marquette County for Pregnant and Parenting Teens.
PREGNANCY AND PARENTING RESOURCES GUIDE
For more information on this program, please contact:
Family Health Education Coordinator
Marquette County Health Department
184 US Highway 41 East
Negaunee, Michigan 49866
(906) 315-2613 (phone)
(906) 475-9312 (fax)