COVID-19 in Schools, Universities and Child Care
PPE Procurement for Schools
Things contributing to the spread of COVID-19 in School and Childcare Environments Include:
- Failure to exclude ill students and staff.
- Close personal contact.
- Insufficient Hand Washing.
- Surfaces that may be contaminated with the virus causing COVID-19.
- Sneezing and Coughing without appropriate safeguards.
- Events and assemblies that bring people into close proximity.
- Exclude ill students and staff.
- Instruct students and staff regarding avoiding personal contact (handshaking, hugging, kissing, etc).
- Facilitate and encourage frequent hand washing.
- Instruct regarding hygienic methods of sneezing and coughing.
- Cleaned and disinfect surfaces frequently.
- Avoid assemblies and events when possible (social distancing).
Sports Guidance MDHHS
YOUTH SPORTS- CDC GUIDANCE- COVID-19 PREVENTION
COVID-19 Resources K-12 and Childcare Programs
COVID-19 Resources for Colleges and Universities
COVID-19 School Toolkit for Communication - MSPRA
Methods used to clean and sanitize surfaces that are effective in the control of Norovirus are also affective in the control of the virus that causes COVID-19.
List of disinfectants effective against the virus causing COVID-19 and guidance on use are available at the links below:
CDC List of Disinfectants Effective Against Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
EPA's Registered Antimicrobial Products for Use Against Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, the Cause of COVID-19
Cleaning and Disinfection Guidance - COVID-19