RFPS for Resource Management
NOTICE AND INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS
|ISSUE DATE: June 16, 2020|
|DUE DATE: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m.
|PROJECT: 1-20 Timber Sale
|CONTACT NAME: Emily Leach, Senior Planner
Marquette County Planning Division
234 W. Baraga Avenue
Marquette, MI 49855
The Marquette County Forestry Commission is requesting bids for the purchase of the following stumpage:
Timber Sale: 1-20 Sale Area: 130 acres
- Harvest Unit 1 T45N-R25W Sections 10 and 15- Harvest all trees containing 1-8ft. pulp stick and greater except the following species: Red Pine, White Pine, Cedar, Oak, and Black Cherry. Winter harvest.
- Harvest Unit 2 T45N-R25W Section 16 - Harvest all trees of all diameters except the following species: Red Pine, White Pine, Cedar, Oak, and Black Cherry. Summer operations acceptable except a small area in northern part of Unit requiring frozen ground during operation.
- Harvest Unit 3 T45N-R25W Section 3- Harvest all trees of all diameters. All seasonal operations permitted.
- Harvest Unit 4 T45N-R25W Section 3- Harvest all trees of all diameters. Winter Harvest.
- Harvest Unit 5 T45N-R25W Section 3- Harvest all trees of all diameters. All seasonal operations permitted.
- Harvest Unit 6 T45N-R25W Section 11- Harvest all trees of all diameters. All seasonal operations permitted.
|Species Composition||Pulpwood/Boltwood (cords)|
Contact Names: Emily Leach, Senior Planner Brock VanOss, Consulting Forester
Marquette County Planning Division VanOss Forestry Services, LLC
234 W. Baraga Avenue 906.367.0777
Marquette, Michigan 49855
Instructions to Bidders:
Bidders must respond using the bid form contained in the bid package. This timber will be sold by lump sum bid. Name and address of the firm or individual submitting the bid must be indicated. The bids shall be mailed/delivered in sealed envelopes marked “1-20 Timber Sale” to the Resource Management/ Development Department, Marquette County Courthouse, 234 West Baraga Avenue, Marquette, Michigan 49855. OR bids shall be submitted electronically to email@example.com .
Bids will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 30, 2020.
Bids will be opened by the Marquette County Forestry Commission at their next regularly scheduled or special meeting.
Marquette County reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
Click below for:
Bid Notice & Instructions with Map
MAP of Sale Areas