Marquette County Building Codes Permits Forms

For your convenience, Marquette County has made the permit forms available to you to complete online.

  1. Sign and date the application form
  2. Include the appropriate payment for fees
  3. Either mail or bring them in to:

    Marquette County Resource Management Development Department
    234 W. Baraga Ave.
    Marquette, MI  49855 
    (906) 225-8180

Call to confirm that your application has been received and approved

** before starting work **

 Instructions for Completing Plumbing, Mechanical and Electrical Permits

  • Fill out name and the address of the property where the work is being performed.  Make sure correct Township and City is clearly marked.  If you do not have an address, include directions to site and map if needed.  Also check the appropriate box as to whether or not you have a building permit.
  • Homeowners need to fill in address only if mailing address is different than the property address.  Contractors need to fill in all information.
  • Type of Equipment:  If building a new residence, remodeling or putting on an addition, you may use the New Single Family Residence Fee.  For small remodeling or addition jobs, it may be more beneficial to use the Application Permit Fee and then check all that apply.  Add all fees together and make check payable to Marquette County.

The following forms include fee schedules which are
effective January 1, 2018

**PLEASE NOTE that fee increases were implemented as of January 1, 2018**

Application for a Building Permit

Single Family Dwellings & Additions Specification


Residential Garage & Accessory Building Specification

Decks for Single Family Dwellings Specification

Pole Building Specification

Plan Review Application

Residential Mechanical Permit

Electrical Permit

Plumbing Permit

Commercial Mechanical Permit

Soil Erosion Permit Application

 Soil Erosion "225 Exemption Letter"

If you have any questions, you may call between 8a.m. - 5p.m.
Monday through Friday.

For Scheduling: (906) 225-8180
For all technical questions:  
Please call the appropriate inspector
(Click here for contact information)