If you have received a civil infraction traffic violation you may admit to the ticket, admit with an explanation, or deny responsibility for the violation and request a hearing. For more information see How do I contest my traffic ticket?. If you wish to admit with an explanation, you may make your explanation in person to the Magistrate at Court offices or you may make a written explanation and drop it off or mail it to the Court. The Magistrate will respond to your explanation. Most traffic violations may be paid through the mail or in person.

For ticket amounts and credit card payment options see the 96th District Court Traffic Fines and Costs Schedule. Payment may be made by money order or local (Marquette County) check (starter checks not accepted) or credit card through a third party vendor. Payment by cash is accepted at Court offices. Be sure to include your ticket with payment. Sign the back of your ticket indicating an admission of responsibility for a civil infraction, or a plea of guilty for a minor misdemeanor violation such as expired registration plate or operator's license.

All payments are due within 10 days unless you contact the Court and make other arrangements for payment. If you fail to respond to your ticket, the Court will enter judgment against you (on a civil infraction) and after the statutory notices, move to suspend your driving privileges. If your driving privileges have been suspended for non-payment or failure to appear, you must satisfy your judgment to the Court with payment by money order or cash only.