A veteran or his/her widow/widower may be eligible for help from Marquette County Veterans Affairs if the veteran has at least 90 days of active military service during the dates listed below and an honorable or general discharge. This service cannot be for training with the National Guard or Reserve but must be active duty service.
- Eligibility for service connected disability does not require wartime service.
- SSR grants and County burial benefits
- Require residence in Marquette County
- Discharge must be under honorable conditions
- SSR grants do not require wartime era service
|Wars and Dates|
|WORLD WAR II:||December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946|
|KOREAN CONFLICT:||June 27, 1950 to January 31, 1955|
|VIETNAM ERA:||February 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975|
|PERSIAN GULF ERA:||August 2, 1990 to (No End Date Yet)|
Individuals holding Expeditionary Force Medals may qualify for service between the listed dates.
If you have any questions or need to schedule a appointment please call (616) 632-5722.
To determine eligibility for state or federal assistance, veterans should call (616) 632-5722, or local state or federal assistance organizations.