MARQUETTE COUNTY FRIEND OF THE COURT
|234 W Baraga Ave|
|Marquette, MI 49855|
|PH: (906) 225-8262|
|FAX: (906) 225-8274|
The Friend of the Court office was created in 1919 by Michigan law, and there is at least one office serving each circuit court. Late in 1939 the Marquette County board of supervisors raised the budget for the Circuit Court to provide for the office of the Friend of the Court.
Court proceedings remain open to the public via virtual options
In light of the COVID crisis, the court is asking members of the public wishing to view a hearing to complete this form one business day prior to the scheduled event. Be aware that courts are currently utilizing video/streaming options in lieu of allowing physical attendance.
If you have questions about this please contact the friend of the court.
The Friend of the Court has the Following Duties:
1. When parents cannot agree, the judge may direct Friend of the Court to conduct investigations and make reports and recommendations to the court regarding:
- Parenting time (which may include transportation)
- Amount of child support, which includes medical support
2. To offer mediation, when both parents agree to participate, as an optional way of settling disagreements over custody or parenting time of children.
3. To collect, record, and disburse all support payments as ordered by the court. Payments are processed through the Michigan State Disbursement Unit (MISDU) in Lansing.
4. To provide enforcement services on all custody, parenting time, and support orders (including medical support) entered by the court
Marquette County Friend of the Court is open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The office is closed on these listed holidays. Phone contact with the Friend of the Court office is from 1 p.m to 5 p.m.
E-Mail cannot be used to handle any business transactions. Transactions or questions regarding a specific case must be submitted in writing to the address above.
Payment or Case Information
Payment or case information can be obtained by calling the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) phone system, at 877-543-2660 or via the web at MiChildSupport (formerly known as MiCase). These sources allow you access to current payment and case information 24 hours a day.
Although this web site is periodically reviewed and updated to include information to help answer the most common questions, what follows is not an exhaustive list of all policies, civil procedure or domestic relation laws. To ensure that you are fully informed it is always advisable that you either research your issue at a public law library or that you consult with an Attorney. As for the materials and information made available throughout this Web Site, the Marquette County Friend of Court Office is not responsible for their accuracy, adequacy, or completeness, or for the results obtained by using them.