Schedule of Fees
Carla L'Huillier, Register of Deeds
234 W. Baraga Avenue
Marquette, Michigan 49855
PH: (906) 225-8415 FAX: (906) 225-8420
Act No. 398 Public Acts of 2002, MCLA 600.2567, Effective March 31, 2003
For entering and RECORDING any Deed, Mortgage, Lis Pendens, Certified Copy or other instruments:
*$4.00 of this fee is deposited to the Michigan State Survey & Remonumentation (MSSR) fund.
(The $4.00 MSSR fee is not assessed on Fixture Filings, Federal Liens, State Liens, MESC Liens, State Deeds, Plats or Tax Reversion Documents, MCLA 600.2567a(4))
Any documents which assigns or discharges more than one instrument: $3.00 shall be added to the recording fee for each additional instrument so assigned or discharged.
Warranty Deeds, deeds which contain a covenant of warranty, Land Contracts or Assignment of Land Contracts must have a tax certificate from the County Treasurer's office. MCLA 211.135:
- For up to twenty-five (25) descriptions $5.00
- Each additional description $.20
Effective OCTOBER 1, 2016 in the State of Michigan
Regardless of the number of pages, all documents will cost $30.00 to record. This cost is inclusive of Michigan Remonumentation and Register of Deeds Automation fees. For a document that assigns or discharges more than 1 instrument, $3.00 for each instrument assigned or discharged (in addition to the $30.00 fee). To certify a recorded document $5.00; copies remain at $1.00 per page. Transfer Tax fees and the $5.00 Treasurer's Tax Certification fee is still due for those documents that require it.
- Copy of real estate records, per page $1.00
- Copy of Plats, per page $2.00
- Certification of recorded documents $5.00 (Note: certified documents must be copied in its entirety.)
- UCC Search $6.00 per name
- State Tax Lien Certificate $3.00 per name
- Federal Tax Lien Certificate $3.00 per name
- Copy of UCC filings $2.00 per page
- Copy of State & Federal Liens $1.00 per page
- Certification of UCC Copy $1.00 per record