CORRECTIONS DIVISION STAFF
The Corrections Division of the Marquette County Sheriff's Office employs full-time and part-time Deputies. The requirements are as follows:
- Education: Full-time officers must possess an associates degree in criminal justice or related field OR have two years of full time enrollment in a college or university in the area of criminal justice or related field. Two years of experience as an officer in a correctional facility or four years of military experience may be considered as a substitute for educational requirement. Part-time officers must possess a high school diploma, with continuing college credits preferred.
- Training: Full-time officers must have successfully completed a Corrections Academy certified by the Michigan Sheriff's Coordinating and Training Council (MSCTC). Part-time officers must graduate from an MSCTC certified Corrections Academy within one year of employment.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid Michigan Driver's License;
- Applicants must pass a physical and psychological screening tests.
- Applicants will undergo a thorough background check to include criminal history activity.
To apply for a part-time position, please click on the link below:
Jail Services Coordinator: Coordinates the Sheriff's Release Program. Works with inmates to determine programming needs. Screens and makes referrals for educational, substance abuse, mental health, tutoring, early release and other programs. Contact: Sergeant Jason Kangas 249-1041, ext. 202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Housing/Medical Reimbursement Specialist: Responsible for securing reimbursement for costs of housing and medical care of inmates lodged in the jail. Please call (906) 225-8477 or email email@example.com for further information or questions.